Group leader: Martin Ingelsson
Visiting address: Dag Hammarskjölds väg 20, Uppsala Science Park
The aim of our research is to understand, prevent, diagnos and cure diseases in the elderly population, like dementia, diabetes and cardiovascular diease.
In clinical trials we develop new drugs against these diseases. We are conducting epidemiological and genetic studies to understand the interplay between genes and environment in complex disorders. In clinical research we aim to develop better diagnostic instruments for Alzheimer’s disease. Our molecular research is aiming at disease mechanisms of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. The starting point for these studies is genetic discoveries to understand molecular mechanisms involved in dementias. Model systems have been developed in transgenic animals and in cell cultures to test new treatment principles.
- Early fine motor impairment and behavioral dysfunction in (Thy-1)-h[A30P] alpha-synuclein mice. 2018
- Protein-altering variants associated with body mass index implicate pathways that control energy intake and expenditure in obesity. 2018
- Does Fatty Acid Composition in Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue Differ between Patients with Alzheimer's Disease and Cohabiting Proxies?. 2018
- Structural heterogeneity and intersubject variability of A beta in familial and sporadic Alzheimer's disease. 2018
- Pharmacokinetics, biodistribution and brain retention of a bispecific antibody-based PET radioligand for imaging of amyloid-beta. 2017
- Interaction between Cytomegalovirus and Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Associated with the Risk of Alzheimer's Disease Development. 2018
- Alpha-synuclein oligomer-selective antibodies reduce intracellular accumulation and mitochondrial impairment in alpha-synuclein exposed astrocytes. 2017
- In situ proximity ligation assay reveals co-localization of alpha-synuclein and SNARE proteins in murine primary neurons.
- An Expanded Genome-Wide Association Study of Type 2 Diabetes in Europeans. 2017
- Systolic blood pressure decline in very old individuals is explained by deteriorating health: Longitudinal changes from Umeå85+/GERDA.. 2017
- Cellular responses to amyloid-beta protofibrils: Focus on astrocytes, extracellular vesicles and antibody treatment. 2018
- Alpha-Synuclein Oligomers: Cellular Mechanisms and Aspects of Antibody Treatment. 2017
- Therapeutic and functional studies in animal models of Alzheimer's disease. 2014
- Physical Activity and Alzheimer's Disease: Measurements, Observations and Subjective Experiences. 2014
- The Kidney in Different Stages of the Cardiovascular Continuum. 2013
- Prostate Cancer; Metabolic Risk Factors, Drug Utilisation, Adverse Drug Reactions. 2013
- Heparan Sulfate in the Amyloidosis and Inflammation of Alzheimer’s Disease. 2011
- Amyloid β-protein, Cystatin C and Cathepsin B as Biomarkers of Alzheimer's Disease. 2010
- Aβ Conformation Dependent Antibodies and Alzheimer's Disease. 2010
- Risk Factors for Stroke in Adult Men: A Population-based Study. 2010